Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Earth to Nicole!!

One thing I've discovered since abandoning my 9 to 5 job is how easy it is to do stupid things when you're not in a routine. I tend to be a bit clumsy and somewhat of a scatterbrain, but now that I have more freedom, these qualities have really shone through.
  • There was the day I locked my keys in my car and had to pay $120 for a locksmith.
  • The day I walked to the libary, realized I didn't have my wallet, thought it fell out of my backpack, and ran home to find it sitting on my couch where I left it
  • The day I forgot to put a cup under my coffee maker and made coffee all over the counter
  • The day I called a source from an article (twice) while at the bar, thinking it was my friend's number on my cell phone
  • The day I walked out of my chiropractor appointment and drove a mile before realizing I'd forgotten to pay
  • The day (today) I walked into a door frame while leaving the library. An amused bystander cracked up and said, "Boy, I wish I had that on camera!"

Wikipedia says it could be the early stages of Alzheimer's, but I think my brain is just in some kind of fast-forward mode, and I mentally move on to the next thing before I'm done with my current task. I've considered trying to slow down and stick to one thing at a time, but honestly, I don't think that's realistic -- nor is it productive.

And if I can make someone's day simply by walking into a wall, then why change?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Wiki doesn't know what's up. I don't even let my students use it as a source. :) Don't you worry your pretty little head about it!

    ReplyDelete