Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Haiku-na-matata

Lately, every time I sit down to write this blog, there’s some kind of car drama involved. I feel like either I should change the name of it to “Driving a Mustang in Winter,” or I should sell my car and get a bus pass. Anyway, I am running out of interesting ways to share my multitudinous driving incidents, so this entry will be a series of haikus.

I nearly wiped out
Last night after Vivio’s
Walking to my car

A red popsicle,
It looked like a frosty treat --
With rear-wheel drive

The streets were so slick
With accidents everywhere
How would I get home?

Two stop signs later
(Neither of which I stopped at)
I made up my mind

Better to stay here
And leave my car in Detroit
Than drive in this mess

Went back to the bar
(Katie and Lance were still there)
Had another beer

Called up Stephanie
She said I could crash there
Thank God for good friends!

1 comment:

  1. Good call on the beer
    And staying downtown at Steph's
    I took Woodward home

    ReplyDelete