Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bringing in 2009 -- Detroit-style

My New Year's Eve
Parking: $0
Cover: $0
Drinks: $0 (not a one did I pay for)
Kicking off 2009 at Detroit's finest dive bar: Priceless

I love the Comet Bar. From the Terry-oke karaoke, to the all-encompassing cloud of smoke, to the teethless cast of characters, that place makes me so proud to be in Detroit. Yesterday, some friends and I made the impromptu decision to go to Comet for NYE. Some highlights of our night:
  • Lance bringing his own drink into the bar
  • The girls being commissioned by some old redneck to sing Love Shack with him
  • Me butchering Bohemian Rhapsody and Marlene's rendition of Hot Stuff
  • Being handed a piece of beef jerky by the bartender, who then used it to make a toast
  • The creepy guy from Deliverance (I have never seen this movie but apparently some guy looked disturbingly similar to the main character)
  • My souvenir sign, "New Years Party/ Party Favors + Karaoke/ This Wed Come + Help Bring in a Better Year"

No comments:

Post a Comment